If you are visiting Quebec City in the summer of 2023, here are some activities and attractions that you definitely should not miss:
- Old Quebec City: Explore the cobblestone streets and historical charm of Old Quebec, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Take a stroll along the city walls, visit the iconic Château Frontenac, and discover the Notre-Dame de Québec Cathedral.
- Plains of Abraham: Enjoy a walk in this vast urban park that was the site of a historic battle between the British and the French. Relax in the greenery, admire the view of the St. Lawrence River, and visit the nearby Musée national des beaux-arts du Québec.
- Dufferin Terrace: This elevated terrace offers breathtaking views of the St. Lawrence River and the cityscape. Take a leisurely walk along the terrace, enjoy street performances and local artists, or relax at one of the outdoor cafes.
- Quartier Petit Champlain: Immerse yourself in the picturesque ambiance of North America's oldest commercial district. With its narrow streets, craft shops, charming restaurants, and art galleries, Quartier Petit Champlain is a must-visit place for strolling and shopping.
- Montmorency Falls: Located just minutes from downtown Quebec City, Montmorency Falls are even higher than Niagara Falls. Admire the power of the falls from various viewpoints, take the cable car, or cross the suspension bridge for a more immersive experience.
- Cruises on the St. Lawrence River: Enjoy a cruise on the St. Lawrence River to discover the beauty of the region from a different perspective. You can choose from sightseeing cruises, themed cruises, or even excursions to Île d'Orléans.
- Summer Festivals: Quebec City is renowned for its numerous summer festivals and cultural events. Don't miss the Festival d'été de Québec, which offers a diverse music lineup with national and international artists. You can also attend the Quebec City International Jazz Festival or the Quebec Opera Festival, depending on your artistic preferences.
- Quebec Cuisine: Indulge in the local cuisine at the city's many restaurants. Don't miss the opportunity to taste Quebec specialties such as poutine, tourtière, maple syrup, and local cheeses.
These are just a few suggestions among many other things to see and do in Quebec City during the summer. The city is full of cultural activities, museums, parks, art galleries, and charming neighborhoods to explore. Enjoy your stay and discover everything that Quebec City has to offer!